Intrinsically Safe (I.S.) Solutions
CSA Intrinsically Safe (IS) - is the standard for Canadian petrochemical or reactive environments requiring electronic devices to be engineered for safe use in volatile environments like mining sites, laboratories, petrochemical plants, refinement plants, and any other work areas with volatile chemicals, combustible vapours, fine grain dusts, or loose fibres. This is because electronic devices including radios tend to create the risk of triggering uncontrollable reactions or explosions when they are used in these type of environments.
With safety as a priority for all businesses, workers on the job need the security, reliability, and instant communications that intrinsically safe two-way radios offer.
Intrinsically Safe Two Way Radios for Sale
How to Recognize Intrinsically Safe (I.S.) Two Way Radios in North America
This is generally the USA standard for all industries for intrinsically safe. FM Approved radios are approved in Class i, ii and iii, Division 1, Groups C, D, E, F and G & Class i, Division 2, Groups A, B, C and D.
CSA Intrinsically Safe (I.S.)
Is the standard for Canadian petrochemical or reactive environments. CSA I.S. radio are approved in Class i, ii and iii, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D, E, F and G. The CSA intrinsically standard is more encompassing, but there is also increased cost of the radio.
Canadian CSA Intrinsically Safe (I.S.)
What does Class, Division, & Groups mean?
- Class i Areas in which flammable gases or vapors may be present in sufficient quantities to be explosive or ignitable.
- Class ii Areas made hazardous by the presence of combustible dust.
- Class iii Areas in which there are easily ignitable fibers or flyings present, due to the type of material being handled, stored or processed – but in which such fibers or flyings are not likely to be in suspension in the air in quantities sufficient to produce ignitable mixtures.
- Division 1 – Normal Situation: A hazard is present in the everyday normal production operation or during frequent repair and/or maintenance activity.
- Division 2 – Abnormal Situation: Potentially hazardous material is expected to be safely confined within closed containers or closed systems, and will be present in the atmosphere only through accidental rupture, breakage, or abnormal operation
- Group A, B, C & D gases and vapors in Class i locations are classified into four groups, by the code A, B, C, and D. These materials are grouped according to the ignition temperature of the substance, its explosion pressure and other flammability characteristics.
- Groups E, F & G Combustible dust in Class ii locations are classified according to ignition temperature and the conductivity of the hazardous substance.
Flammable Gas, Flammable Liquid Vapor or Combustible Liquid Vapor, such as Propane.
Atmosphere contains combustible dust, including Flour, Grain, Wood, Plastic, and Chemical.
Flammable Gas, Flammable Liquid Vapor or Combustible Liquid Vapor, such as Hydrogen.
Atmosphere contains combustible metal dust, including Aluminum, Magnesium and other commercial alloys.
Flammable Gas, Flammable Liquid Vapor or Combustible Liquid Vapor, such as Ethylene.
Atmosphere contains combustible carbonaceous dust, including Coal, Carbone black, Charcoal, and Coke.
Highlights of our Intrinsically Safe Two Way Radios
U913 and CSA Certificated Explosion-proof Safety
UL913 intrinsic safety radios designed and engineered in compliance with the requirements of USA UL913 and Canada CSA standards. Our IS radios work safely in hazardous environments with explosive gas and dust particles.
Superior audio quality
With narrowband codec and digital error-correction technologies. Our IS radios deliver superior voice transmissions under noisy environments.
Our IS radios can operate in either analog or digital mode and are compatible with the prevalent analog system, ensuring a smooth analog-to-digital transition.
User Friendly Interface
Some radios come with large color displays which enables easy access to information, even under bright sunlight. As many as 20 programmable keys are configurable for quick access through one button operations.
Reliable and Durable
MIL-STD-810 C/D/E/F/G and IP67 certified, built to perform in the toughest conditions. Our radio are also IP67 certified and can withstand up to 1m submersion for 30 minutes.
Audio and Data Encryption
Supports basic encryption, enhanced encryption, and scrambler feature (optional).
Flexible Design Options and Accessories for Comfort
Including ultra-thin design options with PC and metal framing. Some of our IS radios have their antenna in the middle position, providing omni-directional transmission patterns, which improve coverage performance. The two knobs that some of our radios have separated by the antenna reduces accidental activation when changing volume channel.
We also carry a range of accessories that can improve safety and ease of use, including IS batteries and hands-free accessories.
Longer Cycle Life
We carry 2400mAh Ex Li-Ion batteries that enables your radio work longer and the battery lifespan is longer, while the charge/discharge cycles are reduced.